New York City!
Just finished my itinerary for a whirlwind 2-day trip to New York City this week! Porter Airlines had a 50% off sale, and I had Hilton points to spend on a hotel, so I’m gonna spend 2 days and 1 night in Manhattan. It’s not long, so I won’t make it to any of the boroughs, but I haven’t been to NYC since high school (10 years ago, yeesh) so it was very tricky to narrow down my not-to-be-missed list. I just wish I had more meals - there are SO many places I want to eat! Also, there’s a 90% chance of rain on day 1, so I factored that in with museums and indoor activities.
- Land at Newark at 9:30am
- Bus to the Port Authority
- Drop off backpack at Hilton Garden Inn Times Square
- Brunch at Norma’s (Le Parker Meridian)
- Visit Grand Central Station
- NBC Tour at Rockefeller Plaza
- Shopping on 5th Avenue
- Snack at E.A.T. Cafe
- Museum of Natural History
- Back to hotel to freshen up
- Comedy show at Carolines on Broadway
- Times Square!
- Breakfast at Murray’s Bagels (don’t judge me!)
- Union Square Farmer’s Market
- Washington Square Park
- Greenwich Village
- Dim sum in Chinatown
- World Trade Centre
- Head back north through TriBeCa
- Joe’s Pizza in Greenwich
- Cupcake from Molly’s Cupcakes
- Subway to Times Square
- Cheeseburger from Shake Shack
- Bus back to Newark!
I put together this Google Map - the red markers are Tuesday, the yellow are Wednesday, and the blue are other points of interest if I have extra time or plans change. I’ll also be keeping an eye out for food trucks!